Thursday, December 3, 2009

For Those Whose Kids Like Tiger Woods

http://www.sovereigngraceministries.org/Blog/post/Hunting-Tiger-Woods.aspx

This is a short and insightful entry about how we should respond as Christians to the stories we hear like the one about Tiger Woods...Very humbling, and would be a good conversation piece with your children.

It makes me think of what God said to Cain--that sin was crouching at the door, desiring him. But God challenged him to rule over that sinful nature and the temptation he faced. Cain wasn't able to do it. Neither was Tiger Woods. Neither was I. We ALL need a Savior, because we ALL are sinful.

Tiger Woods' actions are completely unacceptable. But, they are no less deserving of hell and God's wrath than mine. I can not look at him with arrogance or pride that I am better than him just because I haven't cheated on my wife. Apart from God's grace, I'd still be ruled by sin. But I am thankful that Christ died for me, and when I turned to Him for salvation, God put His Spirit in me to teach me to rule over my sin. I am SO thankful for the victories He has given me and remind myself often of just how far He has led me.

Use this news story as an opportunity to talk to your kids about the universality of sin but also the necessity of placing our faith in the One Savior.

No comments: