Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Song For Fathers That Broke Me Today...

I just bought the new CD from Sanctus Real called "Pieces of a Real Heart." And I stopped what I was doing when I heard their song called "Lead Me." What a powerful word to us as fathers to lead our wives and our children--but first to be led by our Savior!

You can watch in live on YouTube by clicking here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQWn5NGcijc

Or you can watch it here (the lyrics are below):


VERSE1
I look around and see my wonderful life,
Almost perfect from the outside.
In picture frames I see my beautiful wife,
Always smiling.
But on the inside, I can hear her saying...

CHORUS
“Lead me with strong hands.
Stand up when I can't.
Don't leave me hungry for love, chasing dreams.
What about us?

Show me you're willing to fight.
That I'm still the love of your life.
I know we call this our home,
But I still feel alone.”

VERSE 2
I see their faces, look in their innocent eyes.
They're just children from the outside.
I'm working hard. I tell myself , "They'll be fine.
They're independent."
But on the inside, I can hear them saying...

CHORUS

BRIDGE
So Father, give me the strength
To be everything I'm called to be.
Oh, Father, show me the way to lead them.
Won't You lead me?

To lead them with strong hands,
To stand up when they can't,
Don't want to leave them hungry for love,
Chasing things that I could give up.

I'll show them I'm willing to fight
And give them the best of my life...
So we can call this our home.
Lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone.

Father, lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone.

No comments: